Distance Learning Help and Support
The information on this page is developed to support our community in ensuring they have access to the relevant resources. Any specific information is shared within the Mini School information documents on this page.
Mini School Specific Information
- FS and KS1 Continuity Plan Distance Learning
- KS2 Continuity Plan Distance Learning
- KS3 Continuity Plan Distance Learning
- KS4 Continuity Plan Distance Learning
- KS5 Continuity Plan Distance Learning
If you need support with a spare device for your child to access distance learning at home, please contact Lisa Waering – Deputy Head of School ([email protected]) and Noor Mohammed – Head ICT Engineer ([email protected]) and we will do our best to support you. Also, if you have any issues with logging in to Microsoft Teams then don’t hesitate to contact us using the same email addresses.
These video guides have been produced to help parents and students get started with the software and systems that FirstPoint is using as part of its distance learning programme.
- Installing Teams and setting up on various devices - click here for the guide
- Downloading the Teams App for each device first - https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
How to Login
To login you need the full student email and password e.g. [email protected]
Step 1: Logging in with a laptop and accessing the class group
You only need to watch up to 1 minute in the video and then click on the ‘Teams’ icon to view your classes in app, you no longer need to do any further steps after that on the video.
Step 1.1: Logging in with an iPad/Tablet and accessing the class group (please also download the Google Chrome App from your App store)
You only need to watch up to 45 seconds on the video and then click on the ‘Teams’ icon to view your classes in the app, you no longer need to do any further steps after that on the video.
Step 1.2: Accessing Teams on iPhone or Android phone and accessing the class group (extra section on how to upload/post)
Please start the video from 35 seconds, you no longer need the steps previous to that.
Problem Solving - Error messages
- What is Seesaw? An introduction for families (English)
- Seesaw Home Learning Codes - Student Experience